Friday, January 06, 2017

My Top Favourite Movies of 2016

I have seen only 26 movies of 2016 and 16 were in theatres. I still have many movies to catch up to including Silence, Moonlight and Manchester by the Sea.

La La Land is my favourite movie of 2016. It was delightful and moving, while touching upon the universal theme of chasing dreams. Thanks to Damien Chazelle and team who managed to create a movie that would make even some of the skeptics of musicals to embrace it.

My top favourite movies of this year are as follows.


1. La La Land
2. Arrival
3. The Nice Guys
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Green Room

Honorable Mention (release date order): Zootopia, Deadpool, Everybody Wants Some, The Lobster, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Doctor Strange, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Mashup video featuring movies of 2016.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a very small list

Vivek said...

I stick to top 5 cause those are the movies that I absolutely loved. The rest which I also enjoyed I mention under Honorable Mention. It is top 5 in most years and sometimes it is top 10.