Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Speed 20th Anniversary

Speed was released 20 years ago today on June 10, 1994. I remember seeing the movie about 3 or 4 times in the theatres, I was in the 8th grade and it was few months before I turned 13.

I couldn't get enough of the movie and the epic musical score stayed with me for weeks. I liked Keanu in the Bill and Ted movies, but I became a fan after Speed.

I loved the whole elevator rescue opening as much as the rest of the film, which pretty much led to my fascination with SWAT teams in general.

As someone who preferred his hair longer I even ended up cutting my hair way too short few weeks after watching this film :).

And I love the fact that Joss Whedon ended up being one of the key writers of the film, which I only briefly remember reading about years ago; but his recent interview really dwells on his contributions to the script.

Here are some good articles that offer a look back at the movie along with words from Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock and director Jan de Bont.


Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves and Jan de Bont look back at 'Speed' 20 years later

 
Still Traveling At 50 MPH 20 Years Later: Why 'Speed' Was The Pinnacle Of '90s Action Movies

Joss Whedon Was Left 'Pretty Devastated' After Losing 'Speed' Writing Credit



 

No comments: