Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Superhero Returns

I am not talking about Superman Returns but
Spider-Man, more on that later.

Today and this entire week for that matter is all about Superman. In the movie Superman has been away from Earth for more than 5 years, but in reality its been 19 years since the last Superman movie. The movie was scheduled for release on June 30, but few weeks back Warner Bros. Pictures decided to release it two days earlier i.e today June 28, a Wednesday. It gives the movie two more days to collect box office before Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest opens on July 7.

But I still have to wait until June 30, on Friday to watch it. Well I was little disappointed, not because that I won't be able to watch it early like the people in US, but for the fact that a Wednesday opening will reduce its chances of breaking box office records for Best Opening Day & Single Day collection.
It would have been better to see a Friday opening with big box office record for Opening & Single Day. Of course there are movies that have records for Best Wednesday Opening & Wednesday Single Day collection like Spider-Man 2 and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. And it will have a total 5 days weekend collection, than the regular stronger Fri/Sat/Sun 3 days weekend collection. Well it will rule the box office this week anyways, Go Superman...

Past few weeks its been great fun reading all the various Superman related articles across the web. A series of articles titled "Fanboy Dilemma" at MTV.com by Karl Heitmueller has been a good read, especially Part Three

Also check out 40 Things You Don't Know About Superman by Kimberly Potts
Thanks to my friend Krishna for forwarding this link.

I was going to post links to many new movie trailers that got released in the past two weeks, well they all can wait. Cause I just found something about My Fav Superhero.
That's right, Spider-Man 3 Teaser Trailer is up. Click on the image to visit the link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, an update at last.. I was waiting for this, man... You are my No.1 source of interesting Hollywood information minus the gossip .

Thumbs up..

Vivek said...

Thanks man, well now its more than two weeks since my last update, I am trying to be consistent though..

JoeMD said...

Dude, you need to get this blog going again so I can comemnt on cool stuff you post!

Vivek said...

Haha.. thanks Joe. I am planning to get to it soon and hopefully will give this blog a face lift as well.